Links

Saturday, November 8, 2014

"Small things with great love.." -Mother Teresa

We have been here for 8 weeks and Uriah and I are still doing great down here in South Africa! Living in community has been fun for us, as long as we do a good job of making time for ourselves to rest and be together. We have just been busy with everything we told you about in our last post..class, small groups, and outreach. The past four weeks our teachings have been about the Holy Spirit, Cost of Discipleship, Worldview, and Missions. All have been really good teachings.

I, personally, have been really enjoying the journey that we are on, and a couple of the biggest things for me have been an increased desire to know the scriptures, and more awareness of the Holy Spirit at work in me and around me all the time. He has been affirming me on my journey, and confirming some things that I believe, and opening my eyes to some of the giftings that he has given me. Local outreach in Masi has been going really well, too! I have finally learned all the kids' names and I'm getting to know personalities and the kids have become much more comfortable with our team. I really love hanging out with them.

Uriah has been hanging out with a few men during local outreach, and they spend a lot of time talking about Jesus and reading the word. He says he loves that he is entering a story that's been going on for a long time! He is leaning a lot about the culture of South Africa and has an increasing desire to walk the streets and just love on people!! This week was one of Uriah's favorite teaching weeks because the focus was on missions, but also just the simplicity of the beauty of Jesus. He desires to focus more on Jesus and become completely overwhelmed by his love and desire for deeper relationship!

We want to know what's going on with you, too! Please, please email us any time and let us know how you're doing or if we can pray for you. We are having a good time here, but we still miss you back home! Xo-the Stepps

From our last Sunday "Beach day"..group pic

Kite Festival in Muizenberg

View of Cape Town from Table Mountain. Kaycee climbed to the top!!



No comments:

Post a Comment